CareChek Rx™ - Medication Administration
CareChek Rx™ medication administration system uses bar code scanning to ensure positive patient
identification. In 1997, the Institute of Medicine released a report attributing 98,000 patient deaths
per year to medical errors. The FDA has mandated that all prescription and over-the-counter drugs have
a bar code label.
CareChek Rx™ will help eliminate medication errors, improve bedside documentation, and improve
JCAHO compliance. CareChek Rx enforces the five rights of medication administration: right patient,
right drug, right time, right dose, and right route.
- Real time capture of activities improves documentation
- Fulfills FDA requirement for bar-coding drugs
- Customized clinical error reports to monitor potential sentinel events
- Ensures the "5 rights"
- Records user defined adverse effects
- Security reports track personnel, equipment, and system access
- Medication reconciliation